Your Internet Banking is protected by a password you choose. New Internet Banking customers will be given a temporary password that they can change on their first login.
Tips to remember when creating your password: #
- Never use personal information such as your first or last name, address or phone number
- Never use consecutive numbers (eg. 123456) or repeated characters
- Never use your date of birth or any other account holder’s
- It must be at least eight characters long but no longer than 15 characters
- It must include at least one of the following: a capital letter, a lowercase letter, a number and a special character (eg. ! # . $)
- Remember to keep your password safe. Do not write it down or disclose your password to anyone.
- MyState Bank staff members will never ask you to disclose your confidential PIN, Internet Banking password or phone banking access code over the phone, by email or in person. If someone contacts you asking for these details, do not provide them – they are very likely a scammer.
- Change your passwords at least every six months, or anytime you suspect your password has been compromised.
To change your password, log in to Internet Banking, select Manage Security and follow the prompts.
If you make three incorrect attempts to enter your username or password you’ll be locked out of your account and you’ll need to call us on 138 001, visit your nearest branch or reset it online.