An NPP, or Osko® payment, is a payment made in near real time. If a fraudulent payment is made via the NPP from your account, it is almost impossible to recover.
The NPP Payment Hold feature is a fraud monitoring service provided by Vigil, MyState’s Fraud Service, designed to enhance our detection capabilities when suspicious real-time payments occur on your account.
How does it work?
- You’ll be sent an SMS as soon as a suspicious NPP payment is identified.
- The payment will be placed on hold and you’ll have 24 hours to confirm if it’s an unauthorised or a genuine transaction.
- It will be cancelled if you advise it’s an unauthorised payment.
- The payment will be released and processed as normal if you confirm it’s genuine.
- The transaction will be rejected if we don’t hear from you within 24 hours.
- To provide extra security while the payment is on hold, you won’t be able to make any outgoing NPP transfers.
When a payment is held you will receive an SMS from either:
+61 437 126 492
+61 489 988 024
The SMS will ask you to call our 24×7 Fraud Bureau on 1300 705 750.
You have up to 24 hours to respond to this SMS.
Make sure we have your correct mobile number on file so you are able to receive these alerts. You can check your profile via the mobile app in Menu > Profile & Security > Your Profile.
Important information: Scammers can impersonate banks using ‘spoofed’ phone numbers and sender IDs. Please remember we will never ask for sensitive information like an access code, one time password or internet banking password, include links in our SMS messages or request that you transfer money to ‘keep it safe’.