We also have obligations in respect of the personal information we may collect about persons in the European Union, including in respect of laws which are due to take effect on 25 May 2018 as part of the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you visit our websites we will sometimes collect information about your visit to help us to improve the experience you have when you visit, improve and maintain the security measures we have in place, or learn more about you so any marketing we provide you is as relevant as possible, such as:
- The time and date of the visit;
- Any information or documentation that you download;
- Your browser type;
- What sections of our websites you view and any errors you experience; and
- Internet protocol (IP) details of the device used to access the site.
It is necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our websites. Your IP address will not be used by us or released to any third party except in the case of security, inappropriate behaviour or fraud issues, such as unauthorised access to your or our computer systems or fraudulent transactions.
Our websites also include a number of calculators, which may require you to enter your personal details. If you save the data you enter on the calculator, this information will be stored.
Please note that unless you log-on to our secure internet banking platform, or contact us using an online form, your visit and any browsing you do on our websites will be completely anonymous.
- how we, and the purpose for which we, collect, hold, use and disclose your information;
- how to access, update and correct your information;
- how to ask a question regarding your privacy or make a complaint; and
- our legal obligations and rights as to that information.