The 2017 The Premier’s Tasmanian Volunteering Awards
First published on January 10, 2017
This year MyState are proud supporters of the Education, Science and Technology Award.
We live in a vibrant state, where dedicated, talented people in the Tasmanian Community achieve great things every day.
Volunteering provides a unique opportunity for improving the quality of life for those within our community.
Tasmanians give 7.1 million hours of their time to the community each year.
Many of the opportunities, assistance, events and services Tasmanians have access to would not be possible without the support of unpaid volunteer hours.
These awards, supported by the State Government, aim to recognise and reward the contribution of those who exhibit excellence in the volunteering sector.
This year there are ten categories:
- Arts & Heritage Award
- Anglicare Lifestyle Community Care and Health Award
- MyState Education, Science and Technology Award
- Lifeline Emergency Services Award
- NRM South Environment, Animal Care and Conservation Award
- Sport and Recreation
- Catholic Care Volunteer Program of the Year
- Hydro Tasmania Excellence Award – for best practice in volunteering management
- Tasplan Super Corporate Award (for organisations with outstanding employee volunteering programs)
- The Premier of Tasmania’s Volunteer of the Year Award (an overall award for individuals)
Volunteering Tasmania welcomes nominations and self-nominations are also accepted.
Nominations are now open, and close at 5pm Friday 3 March 2017.
Find out more