As you can imagine (or may have experienced through a close friend or relative), a permanent disability can place enormous strain on the family’s finances. Not only are you left without an income, but medical bills often appear left, right and centre – making life more expensive than ever before.
What would you do if it were you? Call on the support of relatives or cut down your spending significantly?
Around 17,000 working age parents a year suffer injury or illness so severe that they’re forced to stop working.* Plus around 590,000 of working age Australians have been permanently disabled and are unable to work.^
So while it’s hard to put ourselves in the mindset of such heartache, it’s an important question to ask.
Don’t leave your family financially stranded
Disability doesn’t have to mean your family’s left up the creek without a paddle. Not with the help of MyState. Our experts can offer you financial peace of mind should the unexpected happen.
Total and Permanent Disability Insurance can help you:
- Look after your family. Unexpected disability doesn’t just affect you. Make sure your dependents are provided for too.
- Maintain your lifestyle. Keep providing the love, support and care you’ve always provided to your family.
Your insurance benefit can:
- Cover your out-of-pocket medical bills and rehabilitation expenses.
- Pay for any ongoing assistance or care you need.
- Provide for any additional housework or child care costs.
- Allow you to modify your living arrangements if you need to.
Our most flexible policies even pay benefits if your disability leaves you unable to work in your profession. We recognise that you may not be able to earn as much in another job.
Injury, illness or disability can change your life, but insurance can help keep your family supported.
Get in touch with a MyState professional today to hear our expert advice on a tailored plan to help keep your loved ones afloat.
*Lifewise/NATSEM Underinsurance statistics ^Australian Social Trends.