You never thought it would end this way, but it has. And while your head is still sore from the aftermath, you now have to deal with the reality of splitting finances, as well as lifestyles.
Divorce is a difficult time – but you don't have to go it alone.
With the help of a MyState Wealth Management Financial Planner, you can get back on your feet, and feel like yourself again sooner.
We'll give you advice to help minimise the financial impact of your divorce – taking in your entire story – so we can form a plan that best fits your unique circumstances and goals for the future.
We're here to help you work through:
- Estate Planning:
- Your will, and whether it remains valid on divorce.
- Changes to the executor or beneficiary of your estate from your former spouse.
- Deciding whether a court should order a superannuation split as part of the settlement, and how this could impact your retirement savings goals.
- Changes to your superannuation beneficiary nominations to prevent your superannuation going to your former spouse on your death.
- Realising assets for a property settlement, super splitting and transfer of real estate, which can all lead to Capital Gains Tax.
While it’s a difficult today, talking through your options with a MyState professional can help you create a brighter future for yourself tomorrow.