Embarking on a new career, or taking the plunge into a brand new profession? Now’s a smart time to look back on your superannuation, retirement savings goals and Income Protection insurance to make sure they’re set for the new you.
With the help of a Financial Planner, you can make your next move with confidence, ease and excitement – knowing you’re financially prepared to save, spend and enjoy the next chapter in your life.
Why a Financial Planner?
During career moves, Financial Planners are an important piece of the job-change puzzle. They can help with advice on financial issues that are usually overlooked in the hustle and bustle of a career change. They’ll start the conversation with questions like:
- Do you need to review your superannuation fund?
- Are you paying too much in superannuation fees?
- If your new career comes with a pay rise:
- Should you invest some of your additional income in superannuation through salary sacrifice or non-concessional contributions?
- Do you need to increase your Income Protection Insurance cover to make sure your new salary is covered in the event of illness or injury?
- If your pay has decreased, do you need to adjust your retirement savings plan or goals to account for that?
Feeling a little overwhelmed? That’s completely natural. There’s a lot to consider when embarking on a career change. That’s why we’re here to help.
The MyState team will join you in the joy of your next move, and more importantly, make sure you don’t overlook this exciting chance to benefit from a change in your lifestyle.